My phone should have died today. Like my car, my Motorola Razr is another possession of mine that is ready to be put to pasture, but I just can't let it go. It is still working after all, and provides me a wireless line of communication in its most basic form - and truthfully, that's really all I need.
Earlier, I was under the impression that the battery was completely exhausted of energy, and even a recharge couldn't save it. I almost resigned to the idea that it was time to buy a new phone. Why I deny myself a shiny new phone is beyond the comprehension of those around me. My friends tease that my the Razr is a technological relic that must be traded in for a brand-spankin new iPhone. Upon hearing the news that my aged phone had met its alleged demise, they were ecstatic that I would finally join their ranks. When I alerted them to the fact that the old phone's death was a false alarm, they became set on sabotaging it.
Friends and others of concern, I realize that the iPhone is a fun gadget. In fact it is the phone that features everything. But in all honestly, I don't need to be any more connected to you all than I already am now. All the fancy-schmancy stuff the iPhone provides are excess...luxuries that I don't have a need for right now.
Oh, who am I kidding? I'm getting an iPhone, dammit.
2 comments:
I'm waiting for the next blog. It'll talk about how you finally bought the iPhone, how great it is, and how you're not sure how you lived without it. Maybe you'll even marry it!
You're right, Kri - it's fantastic! I love the iPhone, but it still lacks some important things that impedes it from being the ideal husband!
Post a Comment