Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A (Somewhat) Brief Word About My iPhone Obsession

Just a couple of days following my prior post that described my frustration with my old Razr, I took a leap and bought an iPhone 3G. First impression? The iPhone is the bee's knees. In fact, by day 2 I was hooked.

Transitioning from my antiquated phone to the more advanced one took some time, but I finally got the hang of things. I totally appreciate the touchscreen and easy interface, but most of all I love the options that the iPhone applications bring. Installing TwitterFon and Facebook first were my top priorities. Soon after I added Pandora to satisfy my music requirements, followed shortly thereafter by the Weather Channel app and USA Today because I like being in the know. Shazam is handy for those moments when a great song comes on the radio, and I want to know who sings it so I can buy it on iTunes later.

My newest app obsession is Lose It!, a free weight loss tool application. With it, I am able to log my exercise and calories burned along with my caloric intake by meal. Furthermore, it allows me to track my weight loss and gives me a preview of when I could potentially reach my goal weight based on my eating and exercise regimen. It's definitely my favorite app at this point in time!

So back to my general affinity for my iPhone: it's my alarm, my appointment keeper, my note-taker, my weatherman, my web connection, my portable entertainment (It even distracted me for an extended period of time during the Superbowl!). You get the picture. I don't know how I've gone this long without it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

After seeing Shazam in action on my friends new iPhone I was SOLD! Now I just need to take the plunge and get one too ;)

CarmenSinCity said...

Yes, Iphones are the shit!

It was so fun hanging out with you last week. Are you heading to the Frog again tonight??