It's my second snowboarding season, and I've decided to take some vacation days here and there during the work week to get some all-day snowboarding practice in. Yes, that means I will be playing hooky during the snow season. Fortunately, I have a boss who is completely understanding of my newest addiction, and is totally open to me taking off to play in the snow - as long as I don't have any critical deadlines to meet and there is someone to cover for me in the office.
I told the bossman that I will be using some of my many vacation days accumulated over the past year. "No calling in sick," I told him. "I'll just give you a few days notice." He teased that I might as well feign a cough when notifying him.
More often than not, I call into work when I am severely hungover or incapacitated/disoriented from illness that would keep me in bed all day. However, I have managed to come into work on occasion slightly hungover or sick, while still able to function. Some of my friends have come into work still drunk from the previous night's festivities - they're brave and obviously far more skilled as drinkers than I.
No comments:
Post a Comment