Tonight I will be attending a company holiday party. Woohoo! This means that I will spend the next three hours primping myself to catwalk standards. Yes, you read that correctly: three hours. Most people might react incredulously to this feat, but getting to what people see as the final outcome takes planning and most importantly, meticulous attention to detail. I am a female after all, who takes much pride in how I present myself to the world. Many of you would like to say that you could care less about what people think about you, but I think there is always a slight hint of self-consciousness in everybody about their appearance. I strongly believe that people make judgments about others from the way they look. I'll admit it - I'm totally guilty of judging, but only from first impressions.
When it comes to presentation, it's really not about style, because everyone's styles are different. However, the perceived amount of care that you put into how you look says a lot. Showering, grooming your hair, ironing clothes, etc. -those small details require time and energy, but are tell-tale signs that you don't neglect yourself.
A few of my female friends have revealed to me that they assess their boyfriend prospects by their shoes. Strange, right? Surprisingly, the logic behind that makes some sense. Shoes require thought when selecting them for purchase and also when coordinating them with an outfit. Maintaining them also requires some effort. Basically, old, ugly, dirty unmatching shoes equates to bad boyfriend material. Boys, take note: if you're looking for a girlfriend, check your footwear.
3 comments:
Like you, I'm meticulous about my appearance; I can't imagine being any other way. I wouldn't run down to get the mail without wearing lipstick. But when it comes to men, I don't care about their shoes; it's the hands that matter to me. If things progress well, the shoes come off... but if the hands aren't nice, the shoes stay on!
Totally agree with the hands factor! In addition to that, I have teeth criteria too - the boys with funky teeth get no kisses from me!
I'm going to be in the corner crying at my complete lack of shoe sense and nail ettiquite. At least now I know and can do something about it.
Post a Comment